Thursday, August 30, 2012

Deadlift Thursday: Yeah... That's a PR

warmup
front raises, side raises, overhead press w/8 kgs DBs

Deadlifts
10 reps @ 60 kgs
8 reps @ 100 kgs
6 reps @ 140 kgs
2 reps @ 180 kgs
1 reps @ 200 kgs
*7 reps @ 220 kgs PR

*You could even call it 7 and 3/4s... just couldn't lock it out at the top on the 8th, and by all accounts my grip was also failing though I don't remember that specifically. Either way, I had to drop the bar.

Bent over barbell rows
10 reps @ 60 kgs
10 reps @ 70 kgs
10 reps @ 80 kgs
10 reps @ 90 kgs TPR

Seated rows
8 reps @ 25 (full stack)
10 reps @ 24
10 reps @ 23
8 reps @ 22

Biceptz
pinwheels: 8 reps @ 20 kgs p/DB
barbell curls: 5 reps @ 40 kgs
...bored shitless - time to eat.

BETTER form on the bent-over rows tonight, so I'm going to call that last set a technical PR just so it stands out. Very happy with 1. making that deadlift PR and 2. not busting my freaking back by repeatedly training to failure... in the same session. I'm 100% healed, and definitely stronger... I know it's foolhardy so, for a change, I'm not going to do it and try for a new 1RM before the Am Nats. It's tempting though.

No. Better to keep smashing these high-rep sets with heavier and heavier weight, and save my best for comp day. It's gonna be great.

Now I just need to get my squat to a comfortable 200 kgs for reps - with the Mastodon - and I'll be officially in new territory with all my lifts.

As for events; saturday is gonna be a full-on day. I've not had the capability to get on with shit till pretty much this week. It's shaping up to be 6+ hours of Conan carry and tyre flip medley, yoke, stones, farmers and log. I'll need a stretcher when it's over, and at least one meal in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment