Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Squat Tuesday: Pissweak Music for Pissweak Lifting

Squats w/cambered
10 reps @ 30 kgs
8 reps @ 70 kgs
6 reps @ 110 kgs
5 reps @ 150 kgs - messed up here, should have been 4
1 reps @ 190 kgs
3 reps @ 205 kgs PR

Good mornings w/cambered
10 reps @ 30 kgs
8 reps @ 70 kgs
6 reps @110 kgs
5 reps @ 140 kgs
4 reps @ 160 kgs PR

I opened with a shoulder warmup and finished with some light bench work, just trying to keep the upper body engaged. I managed to jar my left elbow on my last set of GMs, and experience has taught me that training on that injury just makes it worse... so I left the gym still with some energy and pretty pissed off. About a couple of things.

You see, at the Muscle Pit we have a culture. We help each other out to get charged up for a lift by playing music, loud. Mostly metal, but each guy has a particular track he wants played for his money set. It's a great atmosphere, and I've seen it produce some truly amazing feats in the year or so that I've been training there.

So some fat guy, who I see at the Pit maybe once a fiscal quarter, had his limp-dick acoustic love songs playing while he did forward raises with a 7 kilo dumbbell. I changed the music over to some Lamb of God as per the request of another SMWA member, and this guy gets in my face about it. He accuses me of being disrespectful to his round ass and demands I put his shit back on.

I walk out of the office and tell him he'll have to put his own shit back on, which he does, and spends the next several minutes with his little dumbbells, pretending to lift. Eventually he leaves, and I immediately follow him back to the office so I can put some decent music on the stereo, and he gives me another serve about 'respect' before taking off.

Look buddy - I don't know who you think you are, but I know who you are not. You're not a heavy lifter. You're not a committed lifter. You're not a member of Strongman WA. You don't represent the Muscle Pit, or Strongman WA, in national level competition. And your taste in training music is as pissweak as whatever you were doing with those dumbbells.

Respect is earned.

No comments:

Post a Comment