Thursday, May 2, 2013

Deadlift Thursday: That's Not a PR

Deadlifts
8 reps @ 60 kgs
5 reps @ 100 kgs
5 reps @ 140 kgs
3 reps @ 180 kgs
1 reps @ 200 kgs
7 reps @ 220 kgs equal to best effort @ this weight

Seated rows
10 reps @ full stack
10 reps @ full stack
8 reps @ full stack
6 reps @ full stack

Pinwheelz
10 reps @ 15 kgs
8 reps @ 20 kgs
10 reps @ 15 kgs
8 reps @ 17.5 kgs

BUT IT was close...  I only got seven, which is the exact number of reps I got at that weight on August 30th last year, so it's really more evidence I'm genuinely on my way back. And it's nothing compared with what I felt the potential for tonight.

My grip only had seven. My back had at least two more. My iPhone's storage capacity had less. It's a shame, but I have a strong feeling there will be much better video opportunities in the near future...

The major issue tonight, specifically, wasn't grip strength per se; it was more to do with the skin of my right palm being weaker and less callused than it used to be, and as I attempted the eighth rep I could feel a palm tear waiting to happen, so I backed off. I already have one injury to work around.

Events training saturday. MRI sunday. And then it's another week... with 230 for a bunch on the cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment